If you are like most Austin property owners, you value the trees that form your landscaping foundation. A valuable part of nature, trees are an important investment – they add value to your property, increase its beauty and elegance, and provide oxygen to the environment. However, to enjoy these benefits tree owners have to invest in good tree care, and tree pruning is one of the most beneficial tree maintenance practices.
Pruning a tree involves understanding the tree flaws and getting rid of these defects without causing harm to your tree or your property. It also involves understanding how to shape the tree in a way that improves the beauty of your landscape.
For years, we have been making trees in Austin safer, more aesthetically appealing, and healthier. When performing tree pruning operations, our team ensures that only the right branches get removed. A combination of modern tree pruning equipment and years of experience allow us to handle all types of pruning jobs. To ensure that everyone in Austin has safe and healthy trees, we change the most affordable prices.
Why You Should Work With Professional Tree Service in Austin Providers
Tree pruning is one of the cornerstones of any successful tree care program. Pruning a tree is critical to sustaining the tree’s health, retaining its natural appearance, and even stimulating growth.
Tree pruning is both a science and an art form. The science involves having a deep understanding of tree biology, understanding the tree’s flaws, and getting rid of the defects without causing irreparable damages or hindering the tree’s growth. The art form involves skillfully pruning the tree in a way that aesthetically shapes the tree to enhance your landscape beauty.
For years, our tree pruning team has been making trees in Austin healthier, safer, and more aesthetically appealing. When pruning a tree, we ensure that only the right limbs/branches are removed. A combination of years of experience and the right tree pruning tools make it possible for us to offer the best tree pruning service at an affordable price.
Tree Pruning is a Job for Professionals
It is easy to look at a tree and assume that tree pruning is an activity that you can handle. While turning tree pruning into a DIY project holds the promise of saving you some money, you may end up spending more money than you could have spent on the tree pruning cost.
For example, if the tree branches end up falling on your house, repairs could cost you thousands of dollars. If you climb a tree without the right safety gear, you could end up falling. If you fall, you may have to spend a lot of money on hospital bills.
If you have no previous experience pruning a tree, you may end up destroying the tree irreparably. When this happens, you may have to invest in removing and replacing the tree – this will be much more costly compared to paying professional tree service providers to help with tree pruning.
Professional tree pruners have all the necessary tree pruning equipment and experience. Even if the tree you would like to prune is near your house or power lines, they will know how to rope the branches down without causing any damages.
Using their experience, professionals will know which branches to remove and which ones to leave on the tree. This reduces the chances of destroying any tree to zero.
When working with our team of professional tree pruners, you will be guaranteed of the following tree pruning benefits:
- Improved health – When pruning a tree, we will focus on removing pest-infested and diseased branches. This will restore the tree’s health.
- Improved safety – Diseased branches can fall off the tree at any time. Too much foliage can block a driveway. Tree pruning helps eliminate all these safety concerns.
- Stimulate growth or suppress growth – If your tree is growing too slowly, tree pruning can help boost the rate of growth. If you would like to reduce the rate at which your tree is growing, our team of tree pruners can help with this too.
Tree Pruning Tips
In some instances, DIY tree pruning is a viable option. For example, if you have a small tree, you may want to prune it yourself. When pruning a tree, you should keep the following tips in mind:
- Prune the tree during the dormant season.
- Before pruning a tree, consult an expert. This should help you get the timing right.
- Branches featuring a diameter of 5 cm and above should be considered carefully before removal. If possible, allow these branches to remain on the tree.
- Remove branches forming weak V-angles with the tree’s trunk. Allow branches forming U-shaped angles to stay on the tree.
- When pruning a tree, remove the young branches. They are the safest to remove since they feature a lower risk of scarring and can be easily managed.
- Allow the branch collar to stay on the tree. However, do not leave a big stub.
- Whenever you are in doubt, work with professionals.
Preventative Tree Pruning
Helping improve safety, preventative pruning is a common tree maintenance practice. It helps get rid of safety hazards.
Preventative tree pruning is generally done when trees are encroaching paths, the driveway, power lines, and buildings. By removing unsafe branches, preventative pruning helps reduces the chances of accidents, damages, and injuries.